Downton Abbey, a sensation when it first aired in 2010, and an inspiration to wedding
planners nearly ten years later. It’s all about the big staircases, crisp, black bow ties, and elegance beyond compare. We had the privilege to create this Downton Abbey themed photo shoot, with Poppy from Glitzy Balloon Company, who planned and styled this romantic shoot, alongside other amazing suppliers, and real-life couple Maximillian and Elie.
When it comes to creating that classical feel of elegance, it’s important to remember that you’re being influenced by, not copying, your source material. Mount Ephraim Country House and Gardens is a Victorian house with Edwardian garden, boating magnificent views across the estate. As backdrops go, it could not have been more perfect. We were looking for sharp details but with a modern thread. Effortless and timeless. We designed a show stopper balloon stair well made up of lights, balloons and florals, and incorporated Broadway-style Mr & Mr lights. Beautiful table setups, with a glamorous feel, were given a pop of green colour, a favourite of the set designers in Downton Abbey, and a popular colour for modern weddings.
As a professional wedding planner, I naturally coordinated the team of amazing suppliers to keep the day to schedule and, with my eye for detail and passion for weddings, I was able to assist the photographer to create the perfect set up and show off the suppliers amazing products and services. Celebrant Alexandra created a bespoke ceremony, to bring the two grooms together. Having a celebrant gives any couple looking to get married the flexibility of getting married wherever they want to whomever they want. Each ceremony is personalised to your requirements and wishes, so that you’re not getting an antiquated ‘cookie-cutter’ wedding.
All of this was captured beautifully by Matilda, of Matilda Delves Photography, and we’re really happy with the finished result. If this is something you and your partner would be interested in, or if we can help you take a step towards a Downton styled event of your own, please get in touch today!
- Venue | Mount Ephraim Country House and Gardens www.mountephraimgardens.co.uk/weddings/
- Planning, Styling & Balloons | The Glitzy Balloon Company www.theglitzyballooncompany.co.uk
- Coordination, Planning & Styling | Flutterbee Me Events www.flutterbeemeevents.co.uk
- Photographer | Matilda Delves Photography www.matildadelvesweddingphotography.com
- Videographer |Wild Heart Films www.wildheartfilms.co.uk
- Florist & Styling | Bohotanical www.bohotanical.co.uk
- Suit Hire | Penguin Suits www.penguinsuits.co.uk
- Makeup | Stacy B Makeup Artist www.stacybmakeupartist.co.uk
- Stationery | Made by Rae Designs wwww.instagram.com/madebyraedesigns
- Lights | Light of my Life www.lightofmylife.net
- Props | Greig Stories www.instagram.com/greigestories
- Jewellery | Fitzgerald Jewellers www.fitzgeraldjewellers.co.uk
- Fireworks | Phoenix Fireworks www.phoenixfireworks.co.uk
- Favours and Cakes | Cake me by Surprise www.cakemebysurprise.com
- Prosecco Van | Double Bubble Van www.doublebubblevan.com
- Cutlery and china hire | Vintage Flair www.vintageflair.co.uk
- Celebrant | Alexandra Celebrant www.alexandra.celebrant.com
- Lollies | The Lollipop Shop www.littlelollipopshop.co.uk
- Silks | Silk and Purl www.instagram.com/SilkandPurl
- Groom Model | Maximilian www.instagram.com/maximilianarthor
- Groom Model | Elie www.instagram.com/misterelasmar